Thursday, October 29, 2015

NANOWRIMO My Way



The start of NANOWRIMO2015 is only three days away. I encourage everyone to visit the website and view all the support that is available to writers.



I will be participating in NANOWRIMO again this year, but like last year I will be doing it my way.



It was the teaming up with a partner as we worked on our individual projects and being accountable to someone I respected and didn’t want to disappoint that kept me going to the finish line. We are teaming up again this year and I look forward to finishing another Caitlyn Jamison mystery by next summer.



Doing it my way veers somewhat from the goal of getting 50,000 words down in a month. I learned a number of things writing my first mystery, and am now applying them to my writing.



I am keeping a chapter outline, adjusting it as I make changes in each chapter.

Using the “Show all nonprinting characters” icon I am clearing out extra spaces, and making sure formatting is consistent.

Using contractions when needed.



My way might not reach the 50,000 word goal, but it sure will save me hours (days) of time when I reach the finish line.



It doesn’t matter how you participate NANOWRIMO, the bottom line is – write!

No comments:

Post a Comment