Saturday, September 26, 2026
Grammie Sally and Browns Head Lighthouse
I love to support local authors, and am especially excited to share information on my good friend's newest children's book, "Grammie Sally and Browns Head Lighthouse." I've worked closely with Sarah Elliott-Caratasios on Portland's America 250 Committee for the last year and a half. Sarah is director of Portland's (CT) senior center was well as raising four great kids. I don't know how she does it all plus writing books. Last year she published "When Love Becomes Care," a guide for the sandwich generation. This year Sarah published a children's book which is two books in one. It's the story of Lily who spends the summer with her grandmother in Rockport, Maine. During her visit Lily learns the importance of kindness, and how the smallest kind act can mean so much. The second half of the book is filled with suggestions on how to share kindness, as well as a wonderful history of the lighthouse. The watercolor illustrations by Bivenne Staiger are beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment